Former vice president Al Gore shares his concerns on the pressing issue of global warming in this documentary. A long-time environmental activist, Gore first became aware of evidence on global warming in the 1970s, and since leaving public office he has become a passionate advocate for large- and small-scale changes in our laws and lifestyles that could help alleviate this crisis. An Inconvenient Truth records a multi-media presentation hosted by Gore in which he discusses the scientific facts behind global warming, explains how it has already begun to affect our environment, talks about the disastrous consequences if the world's governments and citizens do not act, and shares what each individual can do to help protect the Earth for this and future generations. An Inconvenient Truth was directed by Davis Guggenheim, a veteran documentary filmmaker who also has an extensive background in episodic television. ~ Mark Deming, All Movie Guide
Running Time: 96 mins
Talk about inconvenient. I can see why he wants to charge people up front to watch it. If he really wanted people to watch it he should provide the film for free for all.
This is by no means a complete list of his time wasting documentary:
1. Why do we need to know that he lost the Presidency to George Bush? He had a montage of the event, and a stupid joke at the beginning of the movie.
2. Why did we need to know his dad earned breeder of the year award?
3. Why did we need to know that he totaled his car and where it occurred?
4. His plane ride was suppose to show what? That he wastes so much energy in his globe trotting?
5. What did his sister (Nancy) dieing of lung cancer have to do with global warming?
6. Phone calls like impromptu conversations is pretty poor.
7. Yes, both sides have discriminated against scientist that do not walk in lock step with what the propaganda machine.
8. Who cares how many times you have spewed your propaganda?
9. Over-population is a liberal meme that will never die. We are having a population growth mostly due to increased age longevity. So why does he not show what happens after 2050 when the population starts dieing off?
10. Can't he identify the areas of study as more than just "scientist"?
11. He has no knowledge of permafrost and construction techniques used. Why did he use a couple of not well designed buildings and assume global warming?
I hate the argument about when the north pole ice cap melts it will mean more radiation absorbed than before. If you have been anyway near the north pole you would realize that solar radiation is minimal even during the summer. Just think of how much heat is generated the 5 minutes before sunset even in the summer. And for nearly 6 months there is no solar radiation (darkness).
The cheesy animated feature was definitely the cake for me to have any respect for the movie.
Rating: 1 (for conservatives)
But if you are a fan of Al Gore then it may be a 5.
Well, I mark this up as a condescending piece of shit.